This week has been amazing. I was flown out to Montreal to meet the entire Frank & Oak team. The company has almost a 100 people (and I think I remember about 20 people’s names!) Being here has taught me so much. It started with 6 people—- and now we are an internationally acclaimed brand.
The benefit/disaster of walking around the office is seeing everything you want. I walked past the design team area (pictured above) picked up the pink backpack and decided i was going to buy it. Yes, throughout the day I end up buying things because the products are around the office or people are wearing them!
One of the coolest things I got to see here was an app launch. I’ve been through this before, and I know the stresses involved, but thankfully everything went off without a hitch! The new app is pretty amazing and launched on all platforms yesterday. I don’t know too much about android based devices (I am an apple fanboy) but the app is stellar on everything. The android app has one huge advantage—- you can shop offline. I’m actually glad that it doesn’t work offline on my iphone—- otherwise i’d be shopping in the subway!
On Android and iPad, the Frank & Oak mobile apps feature:
- Access to the Hunt Club
- Shop by category
- Create an account (for new users)
- Quick browsing and easy checkouts
- Share and earn store credit directly from the app
- Redeem gift cards
- Push notifications: be notified about new product releases and special promotions
- Easy social sharing of your favorite pieces
- High-resolution product pictures
- The blog—- in my opinion, this is the best part (mostly because I will be helping propagate most of the content!) *this feature is Ipad only…
Download it on Apple or Android (if you are one of those people)